Discovering DC: Loudoun County

21.6.13

This week, Discovering DC heads to Loudoun County with Carlene from Healthfully Ever After!

What's your history with Loudoun County and DC?

I'm a born and raised Northern Virginia girl. My earliest memory is the grape harvests at my Grandparents' vineyard which was one of the first in Loudoun County. After college in central VA, I spent a year doing my clinical practice as a dietitian back in the DMV area and I knew I had to stay here. My husband and I just bought a 1800's home...we love it here!

Discovering Loudoun- what are your favorite places to shop/eat/go with friends/people watch?
If you want the full Loudoun experience you need to go see the horses and drink some wine. Tough life, I know. Here are my favorite spots:

Food & Drink:
Red Fox Inn
Home Farm Store
The Wine Kitchen
South Street Under
King Street Coffee
Patowmak Farms

Things to Do:
Vineyards!!! Favorites include Breaux and Chrysalis- they usually have music/festivals.
Acoustic on the Green
Horse Shows & Races at Morven Park & in Middleburg
Canoe the Potomac River

Shopping:
Lou Lou
Creme de la Creme
Leesburg Premium Outlets 
Old Lucketts Antique Store

Other NoVA Favorites in surrounding counties
-Twilight Polo in The Plains (Every Saturday, go watch the polo matches!)
-Wolf Trap in Fairfax (See everything from the National Symphony Orchestra to Ke$ha while drinking cocktails on the lawn)

Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon in Loudoun County?
Grab coffee at King St Coffee and hit the farmers market. Walk downtown Middleburg or Leesburg to antique and shop, then meet friends for an afternoon of picnicking and wine at the vineyards with music.

Carlene from Healthfully Ever After

To view more posts from the Discovering DC archive click here. You can follow Carlene on Twitter here. 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground